[389-users] Problem creating new Organizational Unit

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Wed Oct 7 14:18:12 UTC 2009

Anthony M. Farrell wrote:
> 389 DS 1.2.2 on RHEL 5.4 xen virtualguest
>
> This is a new installation. When using the console to try and create a new OU
> entry the process fails with the output message:

What are the exact steps you are using to create the OU entry?  Are you
using the Directory tab in the Directory Server window of the console?
Are you using the main window Users&Groups editor?
Can you reproduce the problem using 389-console -D 9 -f console.log,
edit console.log to remove any sensitive information, and paste the
console.log to the list?