[389-users] Problem creating new Organizational Unit

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu Oct 8 00:19:08 UTC 2009

Anthony M. Farrell wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 12:10:02 Rich Megginson wrote:
>
>> Note that it is the objectclass "posixAccount" not "posixUser".  Did you
>> manually add an objectclass named posixUser to something?
>>

> I don't recollect adding class posixUser to anything but it is possible when I
> was trying to work out how to best implement Unix groups that I did something
> unwise. I normally keep a record of changes as I go and I have no record of
> this.
>
> Here is the result of the ldapsearch command:
>
> nsClassname: com.netscape.management.client.ug.ResEditorPosixUser
> nsDefaultObjectClass: posixuser

/usr/lib/mozldap/ldapsearch -D "cn=directory manager" -w password -b
o=netscaperoot "(nsDefaultObjectClass=posixuser)"

This will print the entry that contains the nsDefaultObjectClass: posixuser

Then delete that value:
/usr/lib/mozldap/ldapmodify -D "cn=directory manager" -w password
dn: dn of that entry
changetype: modify
delete: nsDefaultObjectClass
nsDefaultObjectClass: posixuser

Press Enter twice to send the command, then Ctrl-C or Ctrl-D to exit
ldapmodify.

I'm not sure how that posixuser got in there - that's really weird.