[389-users] repl_set_mtn_referrals: could not set referrals for replica

Juan Asensio Sánchez okelet at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 10:54:07 UTC 2009

Hi

We are having problems with replication. We have four master servers
replicating one database (database 1), and two other servers in other
building that are masters of other database (database 2). Replication
between the databases of the others are in hub mode (server1 of
building1 with server1 of building1, and server2 of building1 with
server2 of building2; server3 and server4 of building1 only have
agreements with server1 and server2 of building1). Yesterday we had to
remove the replica of server4 of database 1. Next, we did ree-enable
the replica and the replication agreements, but the replica was
enabled with a different id than before. Now, we have this error on
all servers, although replication is working fine:

[16/Oct/2009:12:44:39 +0200] NSMMReplicationPlugin -
repl_set_mtn_referrals: could not set referrals for replica
dc=domain,dc=local: 1

(dc=domain,dc=local is the prefix that owns the database 1). I don't
know if this error is critical, but i don't like to see errors in the
log (call me fool if you want). I have read some posts:

- http://blogs.sun.com/marcos/entry/on_cleanruv
- http://blogs.sun.com/piotr/entry/how_to_clean_ruv_s

All about Sun, but i am not sure if this will work, or if it is
dangerous because it says that the solution is unsupported and
irreversible. How can I get rid of this message? is it critical?

Regards and thanks in advance.