[389-users] Multimaster replication

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Oct 20 14:06:22 UTC 2009

Juan Asensio Sánchez wrote:
> Hi
>
> Has 389DS any limit of servers for multimaster replication? If so,
> what is the best option to have any number of servers with read/write
> databases and replication agreements among them?

The upper limit on the number of replicas is 65534 - we use a short
integer field for the master replica ID.
However, long before that, you will likely run into resource limits.
For example, each replication agreement uses at least one thread and
sometimes two.  This will use memory and CPU resources.