[389-users] Multimaster replication is not working

Morenisco morenisco at noc-root.net
Sat Oct 24 11:32:20 UTC 2009

Hi,

I configured multimaster replication on two nodes, following this
documentation (thanks Muzzol):

http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:WalkthroughMultimasterSSL

I created an user entry on node1 and it is not being replicated on
node2, and I don't see any error in the access or error log file.

Seeing the documentation, I'm not sure if I must to follow the
"Importing Schema" section, then I didn't. I think I would follow that
item in case I have added attributes or objectclasses to the original
schema, but I didn't do that, and this is a fresh installation.

When searching users in the console, on node2, I receive an ldap error
code 32 (entry not found), and If I do an ldapsearch to the user base,
it gives me the user container, and I don't see the user that I created
on node1.
The console gives me the following error: "Cannot continue with the
selected operation because we cannot connect to the directory server. Do
you want to reconnect or change directory server?"

But I see the server is up and running, authenticating and answering the
ldapsearch command.

During the MMR configuration, I selected "initialize multimaster
replication" on both nodes, mabe that was the error and I had to do it
later.

Any idea about what can I review and how can I troubleshooting this
issue please?

Thanks.

--
Morenisco.