[389-users] Query blocking server

Andrey Ivanov andrey.ivanov at polytechnique.fr
Tue Oct 27 13:13:54 UTC 2009

Hi,

Do you make the ldapsearch on the same server where ldap server turns?
I think your server does not freeze. When you receive the result search
entries the CPU of your server is occupied at 100%. If it is a virtual
machine that you are using  try to add another cpu. Instead of showing the
result on the screen in order to have a more consistent of your test try to
redirect it to /dev/null, smth like this :

ldapsearch -Y GSSAPI -h ldap-server.your.domain -b "dc=your,dc=domain"
"(objectClass=*)" > /dev/null

And do your ldapsearch on another machine, not on the server...