[389-users] Configuring StartTLS

Kenneth Holter kenneho.ndu at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 12:34:08 UTC 2009

Hi all.

I'm setting up Red Hat Directory Server (RHDS) 8.1 at work, and would like
to have our LDAP clients use StartTLS when communicating with the RHDS. I've
searched the documentation, but can't seems to find any documentation on
exactly _how_ to set the RHDS and the clients to allow StartTLS. I'm sure
I've seen it somewhere in the documentation earlier, but now it's gone. Can
anyone point me to relevant documentation, either in the Fedora/RHDS manuals
or on the web? I believe the /etc/ldap.conf file on the clients should have
a line that says "ssl start_tls", but I'm definately not sure.

Best regards,
Kenneth Holter