[389-users] Pass Sync Doesn't Work

Doug Tucker tuckerd at lyle.smu.edu
Wed Sep 9 13:59:15 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-09-08 at 16:08 -0700, Chandrasekar Kannan wrote:

> >> It appeared that way for no other reason than it wasn't working, but I
> >> can't find anything in the documentation to indicate that, and someone
> >> else that responded indicated he sees the change after the BDC
> >> replicates it to the PDC.  Was just hoping for some official word that
> >> states that this must be done.
> >>
> > I'm not seeing anything in the docs either,
>
> which docs are you referring to ? Have a url ?.

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/ag/8.0/Windows_Sync.html

This is what I have been using for how to set this up.  I cannot find
any reference to the need to install passync on all of the controllers
in the domain, it only references the primary.  And according to our
windows guy here, MS changed terminology, but there is definitely a
primary and then the others are bdc's.

I agreed that from just a thinking perspective it would have to be done,
but then someone in this thread earlier indicated that changes made to
his bdc were synced to 389 after it replicated to the pdc, which kinda
left me in limbo that I may still have something wrong, and before I
have the windows guy start installing it everywhere, I wanted to hear
from someone truly "in the know" of what needed to be done.