[389-users] 389 upgrade

Juan Asensio Sánchez okelet at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 08:53:29 UTC 2009

>> And reboot... After that, when connecting with the console, we have
>> two entries for the directory server and two for the administration
>> server.
>
> Yep, this is a known bug.  You can ignore the Fedora ones - the 389 ones are
> the real ones.

Is there any bug open about this and how to fix/remove these entries?

>> One of each does not show the icon it should, and when I click
>> on it, it tries to download new jars, but it can not.
>
> What error does it give?

Failed to install a local copy of 389-ds-1.2.jar or one of it supporting files.
Please ensure that the appropiate console package is installed on the
Administration Server.
HTTP response timeout

I think it is trying to get the files with http instead of https,
although I have connected to the console with https.

>> If I use the old
>> item for the administration console (that shows the icon), in the
>> encryption tab , SSL is disabled, but before the upgrade it was
>> enabled, but if i try to access the server with the browser, i must
>> use https (¿?). Why is SSL disabled? And if it is disabled, why must I
>> access using https? Is there any step I haven't done?
>>

> This is also a bug.  The update procedure does not preserve the SSL settings
> for your old (Fedora) servers when it adds the new (389) servers.

But how can I connect to the console with https if the upgrade has disabled it?