[389-users] Using different bind user to add tasks

Jonas Courteau jonas at bravenet.com
Thu Sep 24 21:23:53 UTC 2009

Hi:

I was wondering how to go about setting up an ACI to allow a different
user to add specific tasks.  For example, say I created a special user
cn=backups,cn=config (or similar) and I wanted that user to be able to
add cn=backup,cn=tasks,cn=config entries to schedule backups, but not
allow them to do any other tasks.

The idea here is to have a specific user to trigger the backups remotely
without having to be including the directory manager password in
scripts.

I've been poking around with various ACIs but so far I'm kinda feeling
around in the dark.  I'm sure someone else has done something along
these lines - any suggestions?  Also, if you think this idea is silly
and you wish to share your backup best practices, I'd love to hear!

Thanks!

Jonas