[389-users] Re: Class of service removal

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Sat Sep 26 02:48:18 UTC 2009

Mikael Kermorgant wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> I've finally found it, but only via browsing slowly among the
> thousands of accounts under ou=people.
>
> Isn't there a better way to find and edit/remove a class of service ?

The class of service definition entry is an "ldapSubEntry" - this is
sort of like an "operational entry" - hidden from regular ldap search
operations.  You must specify the search filter
(objectclass=ldapSubEntry) to find these objects.  If you want to search
for entries of this type with additional search criteria, use the &
operator - (&(objectclass=ldapSubEntry)(cn=mycostemplatename))