[389-users] /etc/sudoers VS sudo-objects in directory server

Kenneth Holter kenneho.ndu at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 12:55:26 UTC 2010

Thanks for all the replies.

We're running Puppet to manage files on our linux servers, so assuming that
Puppet consistently distributes /etc/sudoers (we'll maintain only one copy
of this file) to our linux servers, we in a way will have a centralized
setup of sudoers, much like using an LDAP. So to me, the main difference
between the two approaches, as far as I can tell, is simply wether we store
sudo information in /etc/sudoers format or in LDAP/LDIF format. And I must
admit that /etc/sudoers seems like the best choice.
>From the responsens I've got this far I can't see any major issues with the
/etc/sudoers approach, as long as we can ensure that Puppet will do its job.

Regards,
Kenneth