[389-users] Doubt regarding the 389 Client Root access?

Jean-Noel Chardron Jean-Noel.Chardron at dr15.cnrs.fr
Tue Jan 5 21:12:26 UTC 2010

Ajeet S Raina a écrit :
> Hello Guys,
>
> I have a doubt regarding the 389 Server Client Architecture. Say, I
> have 389 Server working and I have few Linux Clients. Now you say that
> if 389 client is configured it will login through credentials which is
> configured in Server. So what about the local Users on that Client.
> How will normal users in the Client login?
If you have few linux client you probably hear about pam module
(generaly in /etc/pam.d/)  that accredit the account. With pam you can
login against ldap server and against what you want else (say it
/etc/passwd, or winbind, or mySQL) .have a look to the documentation of
your linux distribution to configure pam with a gui software that can do
easyly that.