[389-users] How to write a Low Level Plan for 389 Server Setup?

Ajeet S Raina ajeetraina at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 15:09:50 UTC 2010

Hello All,
I attempted writing Low Level Design for my 389 Server setup:

1    389 Design and architecture
2    Installing CentOS Machine
3    Installing 389 Directory Server
4    Setting up 389 SSL Configuration
5    User Group creation and Restriction on Domains
6    Password Ageing and Account Lockout policy
7    Access Control Usage
8    Creating and Maintaining the Database
9    Setting up 389 Clients(Linux, Solaris etc)
10    Documentation and Backup
11. Replication

I have few suggestion needed for the following points:

1.Setting up 389 SSL Configuration - Is there any script?
2.Setting up 389 Clients(Linux, Solaris etc) - Is there any automatic script
which could be put at boot time on all the clients?
3.Any script which creates organizational structure?