html doc rendering problem via apache

Stephen Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Wed Dec 10 16:04:29 UTC 2003

Apache wouldnt do any sort of 'rendering'. It could be that apache is
'dropping' the characters or is giving a 'default language' that isnt
correct for those codes.

Try the following:
Try a different default browser
Look at the HTML source in the browser.
 See if the © is there. Then also look at what the page info says
(Mozilla -> View -> Page Info)

I am going to bet you are seeing the code delivered by Apache as UTF-8
and the base page as ISO-8859-1. Changing Apache to have a default
encoding of something other than UTF-8 may help.

Stephen John Smoogen		smoogen at lanl.gov
Los Alamos National Lab  CCN-5 Sched 5/40  PH: 4-0645