Documentation project status

Nick nick at zder.net
Mon Dec 29 14:00:21 UTC 2003

Yes, it seems there is much confusion about this.  After reading many of
the comments after my original post, and the lack of a significant
roadmap for this project, I fail to see the purpose of a Fedora
documentation project. "Tutorial style articles" instead of significant
documentation will drive away newcomers faster than anything.  Let's
look at a couple other major distros, Debian and Mandrake.  They have an
enormous amount of installation, configuration, and administration docs
for their releases.  What's Fedora have?  Much of RH9 documentation is
applicable, so should there be a notice on the documentation project
site for people to use those documents?  I don't know, I thought I was
be myself here, but it looks like many other have the same concerns.

Nick