nxml-mode with Emacs

Dave Pawson dpawson at nildram.co.uk
Mon Nov 17 19:10:34 UTC 2003

At 18:15 17/11/2003, you wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I've been trying this all today, and I really like it. I was chatting to Tim
>Waugh on our #fedora-devel irc channel today and has been using for ages and
>also has rpms for it.
>
>I think we should update the docs guide to include this as an alternative to
>psgml mode.

Benefits?
   Better error reporting.
   Allows odd character entry (Unicode code points)
   slick association with schema.
   Flexible, DTD, XSD (if you have no taste :-) or relax-NG schema.
   I'm sure it will improve more... and its only a few weeks old.
Concerns?
   No tag this highlight region with X tag.
   No Move to next entry with CDATA.

Generally, better than psgml.... if namespaces wanted.

I'm working with it after 6 years with psgml.

regards DaveP