Anaconda documents

Taylor, ForrestX forrestx.taylor at intel.com
Thu Nov 20 21:30:14 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 12:52, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> I hadn't used Emacs or PSGML before trying them for this project; it is
> not too hard to learn. If you follow the Documentation Guide up at the
> Fedora pages, that's the best intro available right now for that
> toolbox, at least insofar as it concerns FDP. Also you can try out the
> RPM available at:
>
> ftp://people.redhat.com/twaugh/docbook/nxml-mode
>
> This makes the process a little easier and more automated, apparently. I
> don't particularly enjoy writing markup like this, and think it would be
> great if someone got templates for OO.o or LyX that worked correctly for
> the FDP, but I've got the hang of it under Emacs at this point. I've
> already written a very short updfstab tutorial. If someone would like me
> to edit their document and do the markup, let me know and I'll be happy
> to help. Furthermore, if anyone is interested in making OO.o or LyX work
> for FDP, we could try that too.
>
> The hardest part of the process, IMHO, is remembering where you need to
> use the markups. The way I'm getting used to it is assuming that anytime
> I need to make a point, there's probably a markup available. Then it
> just becomes a task of (1) finding the most appropriate one, and (2)
> trying to remember it for next time.

Thanks for your experience and volunteering to help.  We may take you up
on your offer to markup the document ;o)

Since you didn't think that it was too difficult, I'll grab the docs and
try out Emacs/XML.

For those who want to help with anaconda, let's start with Alexander's
TOC, and go from there.

Forrest