Anaconda documents

Paul Pianta pantz at lqt.ca
Thu Nov 20 21:57:23 UTC 2003

Alexander Rau (work) wrote:

>Here are my suggestions for a Table of Contents (TOC)
>
>Just a brain storm and working copy:
>
>1. Introduction

very nice and comprehensive TOC - good stuff.

i just thought to myself ....
what is it that most people want to do when customizing
redhat/fedora/anaconda?

these are some things i came up with that could maybe somehow be
incorporated into the doc ...

* creating a single cd from the 3 cd set with a cutdown version of
packages and comps.xml and a kickstart file to automate the whole install

* remove/replace all occurences of the words redhat/fedora from the
anaconda install process (text and graphical) with their own custom
text, logos, etc...

* replace original redhat/fedora rpm packages with updated rpm packages
(security updates or whatever) and reburn the cds so that they can have
a version of RedHat 9 - six months after its release - with all security
updates applied (and other packages updated)

* add functionality to anaconda that didn't previously exist - eg.
adding a new filesystem support, adding support for a new NIC, etc.
(this one is more technical and would be rather difficult to incorporate
into a generic anaconda doc.) (infact forget about this last one for
inclusion ...)

well they are my ideas thrown into the pile - lets go!

pantz