anaconda documentation topics

Alexander Rau (work) arau at schleese.com
Mon Nov 24 16:47:49 UTC 2003

Patch vs. tar/untar method:

Now that I have gone through the building process I have to agree with you
guys that the patch method is the one to go with.

However, when I was standing at the bottom of this high mountain I wanted to
climb, I appreciated having both alternatives available to me (especially
the tar/untar method made the mountain look a bit smaller).

I also appreciated the explanation between the two methods Taylor offered,
which then helped me to make a decision between the two (and this helped me
understand the processes better, which I think should also be a goal of our
how-to, not just a simple follow line by line recipe to make your own distro
but provide learning options and understanding on how the install process
really works!)

Anyways, I assume that this is a democratic project and if it comes to a
vote a will vote for the patch method for all the earlier mentioned reasons.