Anaconda documents

Dave Pawson dpawson at nildram.co.uk
Mon Nov 24 18:06:46 UTC 2003

At 08:13 24/11/2003, Karsten Wade wrote:
>On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 11:33, Alexander Rau (work) wrote:
>
> > In order for me to participate the submission process needs to be hassle
> > free and hopefully available for a M$ environment.
>
>Well, that's a difficult request;

I've never found sharing XML instances with Linux users and windows users
hard work.
   Its one advantage of XML.

>If you have access to a Linux box from remote, such as one running at
>your home on broadband, you could try this method:

>3. Run your Emacs session as 'emacs -nw'; if you run it in a screen
>session, you provide yourself good protection against network or Windows
>problems messing up your work (see the screen manual page for more
>information).

Putty is pretty good at screwing up a display. Particularly if
utf-8 is used.

>* The setup is considerably easier than getting cygwin, Emacs, cvs and
>ssh running under Win32.

emacs runs happily under windows.
If anyone has a problem setting it up I've  been there done that.
Both for psgml and nxml-mode

regards DaveP