CVS in the meantime (was Re: Anaconda documents)

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Nov 25 00:05:49 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 13:21, Tammy Fox wrote:

> http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/
>
> This page was recently updated to let people know that the external
> CVS server will be available by the end of the year. I wish it was
> available now because everyone is eager to start and it is much easier
> to colloborate if you can see other people's changes instantly.

For easing transition of external CVS maintained projects, is there
anything about the construction of the Fedora Project CVS which is
unique?  Suggestions for module naming, construction, and practices,
repository structure, branching dangers, etc.?  Nothing is obvious to me
from reading:

http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/documentation-guide/ch-cvs.html

This information would be useful creating standalone CVS repositories
which are easily integrated when the main FP CVS is available.

On a related topic, if anyone does put together a CVS repository of
documentation and you make it available for anonymous CVS access, I'll
be happy to mirror your repository until the main FP CVS is available.

Karsten Wade   :      Tech Writer, RHCE     :  o: +1.831.466.9664
kwade at redhat.com : http://rhea.redhat.com/ :   c: +1.831.818.9995
    Red Hat Enterprise Applications : WAF, CMS, Portal Server