Brazilian Portuguese

Hugo Cisneiros hugo at devin.com.br
Tue Nov 25 05:14:41 UTC 2003

Luiz Rocha wrote:
>>Any brazilian guys here? We need to organize ourselves to begin working
>>:) Please reply if you're interested in translating Fedora into pt_BR.
>
>   Hey, I am brazillian.

Olá! :)

>   But what kind of translations? Docs or i18n? As far as I'm concerned there
> is already lots of pt_BR i18n for Fedora, which was inherited from RH.

Both... I want to first work on revision of .po files for i18n because I
still see many Portuguese from Portugal grammar in the pt_BR language.
It's a little annoying.

>   But those last months have been a little turbulent for me and I have been a
> little off what is going on in the fedora-docs and I can't really tell you
> much what is going on... :)  Perhaps Tammy Fox can brief you better.
>
>   I wonder if there is already a CVS repository for translations and other
> docs.

Yes, they gave the right directions on accessing CVS repository for the
translations. Search for the thread with the subject:

Issues related to translation

I already got my account, and I want to begin working.

>   Oh, and I almost forgot. You might want to talk to Daniel Brooke Peig (he
> can be reached at www.brookepeig.com). I read somewhere that he also want to
> do some work too, so would be great to invite him to join the list.

Hummm... I will contact him. He should subscribe here too...

> --
> Luiz Rocha <lsdr at lsdr.net>

[]'s
Hugo