CVS in the meantime (was Re: Anaconda documents)

Akbar S. Ahmed akbar501 at dslextreme.com
Tue Nov 25 07:18:02 UTC 2003

Hi,

CVS is setup and ready to go. I think we should be able to get
everything into CVS today without any problems. All we need now is a CVS
  directory structure and to decide who will do what. I'll also add
anonymous access soon for mirroring purposes.

Here's the scoop. There are 5 easy steps to get you setup to connect to
the CVS server.

1. Please send me an email with your desired username and password. Use
the crypt() function to encrypt your password, or just take one out of
/etc/shadow.

It would probably be best if you could import my PGP key to your email
client and send me an encrypted email with the user name and password. I
have placed my public key at the end of this file, you can also get it
from http://pgp.mit.edu/, then put "Akbar S. Ahmed" in "Search String".

At this point I'll add you to the CVS users list.

2. Go to http://www.delixus.com/downloads/ccvssh/ (sorry about the
advertisement on the page) and read the directions. Just download
ccvssh-0.9.1-1.i586.rpm and install it. I followed 3rd party practice
and put the binary in a subdirectory of /opt.

The RPM and SRPM are signed with the Delixus corporate GPG key so you
can verify the integrity of the packages (assuming you trust me as a
reliable source).

Please note: I only created an RPM for Fedora, but I also put up the
SRPM so you can easily rebuild the CCVSSH client. It is GPL BTW. Also,
let me know if you need it rebuilt for another OS and I'll try to get it
done.

3. Setup environment variables in your .bash_profile file.
See http://www.delixus.com/downloads/ccvssh/ for instructions.

4. Login to the CVS server.

5. Use standard CVS commands to interact with the server, but enjoy
encrypted communication with the server

FYI: I'll be out of the office until approx. 9:30 AM PST tomorrow, but
will get to the username/password requests ASAP.

This software is fairly cool. It redirects pserver traffic over SSL
using stunnel. It gives the best of both pserver and the SSH ext method.

It should be very easy to setup, but if not just send me a complaint
email and I'll see if I can help.

Thanks,
Akbar

My personal public key: