CVS in the meantime (was Re: Anaconda documents)

Tammy Fox tfox at redhat.com
Tue Nov 25 21:11:13 UTC 2003

On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 11:18:02PM -0800, Akbar S. Ahmed wrote:
> Hi,
>
> CVS is setup and ready to go. I think we should be able to get
> everything into CVS today without any problems. All we need now is a CVS
>  directory structure and to decide who will do what. I'll also add
> anonymous access soon for mirroring purposes.

To answer Karsten's earlier question about the current CVS structure:

The directory structure looks like the following:

|-- common
|-- css
|-- developer-guide
|-- documentation-guide
|-- example-tutorial
|-- install-guide
|-- stylesheet-images
`-- xsl

common: contains any DocBook XML and image files shared between 2 or
more documents; for example, cvs-en.xml is shared between the
Developer Guide and the Documentation Guide; legalnotice-en.xml should
be included in all docs

css: contains the common CSS file used for the HTML versions of the
documents

stylesheet-images: contains the admonition graphics used in the
documents

xsl: contains the XSLT stylesheets used for processing the DocBook XML
into different formats

A directory should exist for each document, and the parent file should
be the same name as the directory with the -<lang>.xml added on to
it. This directory should contain a Makefile

Images for each document should be in a figs directory under the
directory for the document.

Each document directory should contain a po directory for the
translation files. (pgampe is working on this for the existing ones)

All DocBook XML files should use the format
<descriptive-name>-<lang>.xml.

If you use this structure and use the shared file in common, we should
be able to plug your files into fedora-docs once we have public access
to it. A great place to start is the example-tutorial directory. It
contains a template document you can start from.

(Since I took the time to write this up, I'll add it to the
Documentation Guide. ;-) )

Tammy