I'd like to volunteer please... :-)

James Davis jamesd at jml.net
Wed Nov 26 18:46:56 UTC 2003

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> I think the push has been for the Docs Project to produce small,
> self-contained tutorials. Perhaps in the interest of preserving
> continuity, the best starting point would be to think of how the
> security guides could be broken up... perhaps into groups like
> file/resource security, general host security, and service security
> (with each service represented separately). I could also see general IT
> security and incident response being covered by tutorials as well.

I was on the bus home that perhaps a good starting point would be to cover
security through installation and the first boot. For example the
firewall, services, user configuration tools, the choices you have and
reasons to make your choices. After that, extending to core packages
directly involved with security and then to secure configuration of other
common core packages. I wasn't thinking of anything along the lines of
"linux security" or "general computer security" at least not in the
immediate future, I think that's too much of an under taking, and likely
to lose momentum.

James

--
http://jamesd.ukgeeks.co.uk/