emacs sgml

Dave Pawson dpawson at nildram.co.uk
Wed Nov 26 19:57:20 UTC 2003

At 20:06 25/11/2003, Scott Gose wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm having trouble getting sgml to work in emacs.
>
>I'm getting the same error as this user here:
>

>http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-docs-list/2003-October/msg00046.html
>
>I installed all the emacs, docbook and sgml packages I could find.
>But I still get the error:
>
>     XML requires a system ID after a public ID

<!DOCTYPE article "public id for docbook" "Must have system id in here">

I.e. if you include the public id (SGML remnant)
then you must also include the system id,
which is the url where the Docbook DTD may be found.
That could be on your system (relative, or /dir/dir/file)
or on the net, if you are using a catalog.

HTH DaveP