suggestions for Fedora admon icons

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Oct 2 19:28:34 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 12:01, Tammy Fox wrote:
> As mentioned earlier, Garrett is going to make some admonition icons
> for the Fedora Project docs that can be distributed freely with any
> docs as long as credit is given. They will probably be under the GPL
> unless we find a license more suitable for graphics.
>
> Garrett and I are going to brainstorm about the icons next week, but I
> though I would ask and see if anyone has any suggestions.

You're going to think I'm a dork, but ...

> Note

A li'l red fedora with a reporter's notepad in the band.

> Tip

A tip of the hat.  Alternately, fedora with a lit lightbulb over it.

> Caution

A li'l red fedora being blown off a head by the wind?

> Important

A li'l red fedora with a lit exclamation point over it !

> Warning

A li'l red fedora glowing Warning Red.  Glow marks should work in B&W as
well as full-color.

> The ones used for RH docs are shown at
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/custom-guide/s1-intro-conventions.html. Obviously,
> the Fedora ones need to be different so there aren't any conflicting
> license issues.

Not to mention confusing ... if we are not going to use the standard
DocBook flat admonition graphics that come in Fedora Core, they should
at least be different from anything else out there to help give that
Fedora Project feeling. :)

Karsten Wade   :      Tech Writer, RHCE     :  o: +1.831.466.9664
kwade at redhat.com : http://rhea.redhat.com/ :   c: +1.831.818.9995
    Red Hat Enterprise Applications : WAF, CMS, Portal Server