Process suggestions vol. 1

Dave Pawson davep at dpawson.co.uk
Wed Aug 11 08:57:26 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 09:27, Karsten Wade wrote:

> > Comment. I'm nervous about the number of 'titles' around? (Roles)
>
> These aren't empty titles, they are roles to be fulfilled in a process.
> Not intended to add bureaucracy, just layers to get stuff done and make
> sure it is of a consistent quality.

In which case its rephrasing then? 'The following tasks need doing'
or 'terminology'?

> > Agree the jobs need doing;
> > Some 'titles' aren't mentioned again? (package maintainer)
>
> Somewhere toward the end I mention that we may want to have a
> fedora-docs RPM that goes in Core, Extras, etc., which contains a
> snapshot of documentation for the related version of FC.  That package
> would need a maintainer, in addition to having a process to decide what
> goes into the package.

OK, I misunderstood... or it wasn't clear. You decide.

> > Specifics:
> >   Invalid use for emacs.
> >   If you want your xml tidying up say so.
> >   XSLT can indent nicely with no content change. (identity transform,
> > output set to indent=yes.
>
> I'll disagree about that being a valid use of Emacs, but whatever. ;-)
>
> You can't blindly indent the document and walk away.  If you anything in
> a <screen> or <programlisting> block that requires specific formatting
> (white space, etc.) -- such as code from a program, example from a
> config file, or a series of command line examples -- doing a DTD based
> indent will likely mess up those sections.  If that is not true, I'd be
> very happy to see a demonstration.  Otherwise, I will continue to
> manually C-c C-q my XML in Emacs.

Yes. For docbook just list the element names requiring whitespace
retaining. The rest get 'tidied' up.
  <xsl:strip-space elements="*"/>
  <xsl:preserve-space elements="programlisting screen literallayout
...."/>

> Not a problem to do it myself, just wanted to get it more set in
> sandstone before going over from plain text. :)

OK

Save you 5 mins.

--
Regards DaveP.