[Fwd: Re: Creating Customized Single CD distro]

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Aug 12 17:40:55 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 06:51, Colin Charles wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 23:35, Paul W. Frields wrote:
>
> > > Can we use this, along with the anaconda docs?
> > http://www.coolgoose.com/sites/lal_tvm/anaconda.html
> > > Looks like it requires some DocBook-ifying, but yeah, it might be
> > > useful
> >
> > Sure. Questions you need to answer first:
>
> <snipped>
>
> These are questions down to the original author, thanks. I just forward
> interesting bits that could be possible docs (if you've been noticing
> lately) - since I read all the lists, I might as well assign bits and
> pieces that seem useful to different parts of the project

Yes, this is a good example of an idea or existing document without an
author.

I'm thinking that perhaps the process should be, when an idea has enough
weight to make a bugzilla report, make it one, and have it block the
master tracker.  In many ways, bugzilla has a manual workflow, comment
tracking, and other features to make it a usable CMS (content management
system).

So, I filed 129782 for this Anaconda customization doc.  It's OK if we
file 100 and drop 70 of them into the bit-bucket, it's a better tracking
and dropping mechanism than the mailing list. :)

I set it to block 129722 for now, although that bug is nominally for
finished, ready to post docs.  I'm wondering, should we have a separate
tracker bug that is just for "docs moving from idea to
ready-to-publish"?

Oh, wait, I decided to do that.  So, 129784 is now a bucket for catching
docs with authors but not ready for CVS and ideas without authors or
needing conversion.

129782 is now only tracked by 129784.

Karsten Wade, RHCE, Tech Writer
a lemon is just a melon in disguise
http://people.redhat.com/kwade/
gpg fingerprint: 2680 DBFD D968 3141 0115  5F1B D992 0E06 AD0E 0C41