editors

Dave Pawson davep at dpawson.co.uk
Fri Aug 13 08:09:17 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 18:56, Karsten Wade wrote:
> Here are some further ideas about the role of an editor:
<snip/>
> * Should there be an editorial board?  Such a board would oversee the
> Fedora docs, make sure we are adhering to our standards, filling in
> holes, following or advancing our process, etc.
Were there enough of us here I might agree. Beginning to sniff
bureaucracy?

> * Also, much of the editing traffic can be in bugzilla, as each document
> will have it's own bug throughout it's lifecycle.

It took me nearly ten minutes to enter a 'bug'.
I'm reluctant to use that Karsten?
A DMS surely isn't needed as yet?

The only additional tool I'd like at the moment is a 'notice board' |
wiki to keep track of what's going on, a todo list for the group etc?
Use that as a DMS? Certainly could be used to track docs.

--
Regards DaveP.
XSLT&Docbook  FAQ