fedora-docs bugs

Colin Charles byte at aeon.com.my
Fri Aug 13 09:52:15 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 19:47, Hoyt wrote:
> > I bring to mind, an FAQ now (not relevant to bug report)... Many users
> > of FC find usefulness in the Unofficial FAQ. Can we brainstorm here to
> > find out how we can make this more "official", since Fedora Core itself
> > is "retarded" without lots of additional multimedia support
>
> The FedoraNews site might be an appropriate venue for the "enhancement" of
> Fredora Core. That stuff won't ever be officially sanctioned, but without it,
> the enthusiast users are likely to migrate away from FC. I'm seeing some of
> that in  my LUG.

People whom do installs for the first time, either:
1. Migrating Windows users
2. Proficient Linux users from other distros

Don't know about the wonderful Fedora resources available out there...
they know fedora.redhat.com, but that's about it

They find fedorafaq.org or fedoranews.org too late, usually

Our aim is to fix that, with the documentation subproject; so how do we
go about that?
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/
then you win." -- Mohandas Gandhi