editors

Paul W. Frields paul at frields.com
Fri Aug 13 16:07:40 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 09:44, Dave Pawson wrote:
> > You'll eventually get the hang of it; I think Bugzilla is important for
> > tracking.
> For tracking bugs, yes.
> We aren't talking bugs?

Bugzilla is a decent tool for tracking TODO's and doing very simple
project management. We are thinking of using it in-house for some
development tasks as well.

> >  This also means that hosting things offline is unnecessary,
> > and everything will be at bugzilla.redhat.com
>
> But without an updated home page (no can do) we've no reference
> to these stupid numbers?
>   At least a wiki would be accessible?

You only have to do a query on Bugzilla for all bugs for fedora-docs.
Here's a link you can put in your bookmarks which will do an up-to-date
listing (formatting alert for your MUA?):

http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?query_format=&product=Fedora+Core&component=fedora-docs&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED

> OK, we'll get used to using bugzilla. I don't see it as an appropriate
> tool for what we need to do.

It will grow on you! :-)  It's like having an idea repository. You can
drop ideas there as well as to the mailing list and everyone will have
the opportunity to see them without having to use the search facility on
the mailing list pages. (I've found that engine doesn't work at all...
anyone else have any luck?)

--
Paul W. Frields, RHCE