installation guide

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Aug 13 20:18:48 UTC 2004

Today had to tell someone on #fedora-docs that we don't have an
Installation Guide, and just like many others, had to refer to RHL 9 IG
and other resources.

Are a couple of people interested in taking on this task?  It has some
tedium to it, but it's not that bad.  Once completed, it will need
regular updating, so it's a good, valuable, and stable long-term
project.

Anaconda has support for taking screenshots, iirc.  A format can be
borrowed from existing guides, as a starting place.

However ... this is a full guide, which requires more effort than a
shorter tutorial.  Is it even worth it to throw this idea into the
bucket at this stage?  If so, I'll file the bug and etc.  This should be
an early one to be tackled, when we are ready.

And, yes, I know it's been discussed before.  So, I bring it up again.

Karsten Wade, RHCE, Tech Writer
a lemon is just a melon in disguise
http://people.redhat.com/kwade/
gpg fingerprint: 2680 DBFD D968 3141 0115  5F1B D992 0E06 AD0E 0C41