Emacs/psgml problem

Paul W. Frields paul at frields.com
Sun Aug 15 15:55:55 UTC 2004

I'm hoping someone here has a quick solution. I'm working on a document
and my tags are giving me a problem under psgml. At a certain point in
my document, when I use a <filename> tag, slashes in the file name
content (not inside the tag marker) are being interpreted as ending tags
for the content outside "filename." So when I type:

  <filename>/etc/fstab</filename>

the first slash is being seen as </para>, and the second as </sect1>.
(Yes, I know, I haven't converted this to <section> usage yet.)

I've looked through the document and used C-C C-C to check context all
the way up to the tag in question, and can't seem to find any funkiness.
I even used TAB to see if the indentation would show me where there was
a problem. Nothing seems to be wrong until I type that tag.

When I save and "make html," for example, the code validates properly.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Please be gentle, and remember that I
am a DocBook, XML, and Emacs idiot. I've learned enough to write and
markup, but am not familiar with the internals of any of these tools.

--
Paul W. Frields, RHCE