Release Point

Tammy Fox tfox at redhat.com
Mon Aug 16 20:19:43 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 08:44, redwire at therockmere.com wrote:
> The Mailing list sure has been active the last few days. I think it took
> almost an hour to get thru the digests.
>
> I have propagated the following URL for Fedora Documents:: www.FedoraDocs.com
>
> I have place a mission statement and an overview of what I hope to
> accomplish with this site.
> I am hoping to provide a release point for a large number of Fedora
> Documents. This may, or may not, be a new paradigm ~ But I was trying to
> visualize howto release a large # of docs, but not bog my server down with
> traffic for indiv. files.
>
> If you have any documentation that you wish to submit, please send it via
> email to :: deposit at fedoradocs.com.
> I will use it to create the first batch release. I am still working out,
> fielding suggestions, on whether to tarball, RPM or other such release
> details.
> Also, I don't want to infringe on the GNU, FDL licensure, but I need to
> annotate the files in some way to allow verisoning and details about the
> file to be noted in a TOC or some such thing. Any clarification on howto
> preserve this would be helpful.
>
> Ideas, submissions are requested and encouraged.
>
> Thanks,
> Brad

Brad,

I would like to encourage you to add your documents to the Fedora
Documentation Project and have them hosted on the official Fedora
website instead of creating yet another unofficial domain for Fedora.
The point of this list is to join efforts to create documentation for
Fedora as part of the official project so that when users go to
http://fedora.redhat.com/ they can find all the documentation they need
to successfully use it.

Thanks,
Tammy