mirror-tutorial

Hoyt hoyt at cavtel.net
Tue Aug 17 06:19:30 UTC 2004

On Monday 16 August 2004 07:11 pm, Karsten Wade wrote:
> My head started
>
> > spinning with "clean room implementation" and other nonsense, until I
> > decided to simply write mine and see how it comes out.
>
> Oh, man, I know where you are coming from.  I hope we don't have to
> worry about being tainted by other open source projects using different
> licenses.

Remember that facts are not copyrightable, but the manner in which those facts
are presented may be. You may make lists of facts on a subject, then use your
own words to write about them. That "fleshing out the skeleton" process is
the intellectual property that you provide. A good writer can always find a
different way to say something, but we are universally condemned when we find
other ways of spelling. 8)

--
Hoyt
Linux _is_ foolproof; just look at all the Windows gurus who won't use it.