More docs ideas?

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Aug 23 18:23:46 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 10:43, Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 05:32, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > (Top posting because I'm basically forwarding.)
> >
> > There's another docs idea toward the bottom of this post. Unfortunately,
> > recent changes in the kernel building schema for FC2 and FC3test* have
> > started some flamewars, mostly (methinks) because of misunderstanding.
> > (C'est la vie.) But it does argue for some quick docs work. There is a
> > link below to a write-up that Arjan van de Ven did for FedoraNews.org
> > not too long ago. I'm sticking it in the archives for reference.
> >
> > Again, if no one has a quibble, I'll Bugzilla this.
>
> This is a super-important document that we could produce fairly quickly
> - Fedora Kernel Short Guide to Changes, or something.

It's so funny how seeing your own email in a thread can make something
clearer ...

As important as this issue is, does it fit into the focus of the Fedora
docs project?  It is actually just the kind of thing that FedoraNEWS.org
was created for.

OTOH, it is good background about changes in the kernel packages, and
may be most of a tutorial on How To Do Funky Things to Your Kernel, aka,
You Break It, You Keep It.

Short term best might be a more formal FedoraNEWS.org article, and
longer term best might be to include these changes in a short tutorial
for FC3.  Other ideas?

- Karsten