Bug submission?

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Aug 24 19:09:19 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 10:57, Dave Pawson wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 18:44, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > Mr. Flip-Flop here. I suppose we could add lowercase definitions to the
> > included entities file, right?
>
> Only if Karsten isn't going to use them in an SGML environment :-)
> Then its the latest one that is used.
>
> XML processors recognise them as different.
>

> entity little
> entity LITTLE would work for SGML though.
>

> Is Karsten the only one working with SGML Tammy? Surely not.

Irrelevant, actually.  We've been authoring inside of Red Hat in SGML
for years, but that has nothing to do with Fedora docs project and what
we decide to do.

Following your KISS, I'm tempted to leave it alone in terms of what has
been done already.  Perhaps, as you seem to suggest, we can duplicate
the entries in lower case and specify that lowercase is recommended.

I agree with Paul that they are easier to see, but I said the same thing
when I used to capitalize all my HTML tags. ;-)  For future proofing, we
would be wise to align ourselves with XML usage practices as much as we
can.

Karsten Wade, RHCE, Tech Writer
a lemon is just a melon in disguise
http://people.redhat.com/kwade/
gpg fingerprint: 2680 DBFD D968 3141 0115  5F1B D992 0E06 AD0E 0C41