Rough start...

Paul W. Frields paul at frields.com
Sun Aug 29 21:34:08 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-29 at 08:18, D at 7@k|N& wrote:
> Oh, one more thing... Is 'make html' (or 'make pdf') the only way to
> view your progress?  How do I need to tweak the Makefile so it will
> apply to my document?

Yeah, pretty much. I do this once in a while since the "Validate"
function in Emacs/psgml seems roughly worthless from where I'm sitting.
I watch the output of xmlto (which is part of the "make" toolchain that
runs) to see if my XML validates correctly.

Sometimes reading the HTML back in Mozilla is a nice way to make sure
the document flows. It can scan differently without all the tags in the
way. I'll do a new make every once in a while sometimes to feel like I'm
making progress.

I built a cron script on my system to feed a nightly HTML build to my
web server of all the documents on which I'm working.

--
Paul W. Frields, RHCE