taking screenshots - new section for Documentation Guide (was installation guide)

Tammy Fox tfox at redhat.com
Tue Aug 31 01:41:01 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 17:40, Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-08-28 at 05:25, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > On Sat, 2004-08-28 at 06:30, Dave Pawson wrote:
> > > What processing tools Paul?
> > >   And why is computeroutput necessary within screen? I'd have thought an
> > > either or was more reasonable for the processor to sort out?
>
> I am advocating:
>
> <screen>
> <![CDATA[
> foo {
>   bar ()
> }
> ]]>
> </screen>
>
> Same for <programlisting/> blocks.
>
> This material, in the Fedora Doc Guide, is historical practice that we
> can (and should) revise.

There are 2 reasons why the style guide says to include computeroutput
or userinput tags inside screen tags:

1. Technically, the content is computeroutput or userinput and should be
marked accordingly to make it more correct
2. Marking them as computeroutput and userinput allows the text to be
styled using CSS for the HTML version.

Tammy