screenshot instructions

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Aug 31 17:53:06 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 10:37, Dave Pawson wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 17:46, Tammy Fox wrote:
> > The instructions for taking screenshots has been posted:
> > http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/documentation-guide/s1-screenshots.html
>

> Thanks or that you two.
>   One less reason to stick with M$ :-) Snagit is one of my 'must haves'.
>
> Comment:
> obviously, a photographic image of a scene can convey more than 1000
> words can.
>
>   Fine... unless your eyesight is shot to ...
> How about
> obviously, for sighted users, a photographic image of a scene can convey
> more than 1000 words can.

Ah, yes, thank you.  I felt sort of funny when I wrote that, like there
was something wrong with the assumption, and that is it.

I wonder if there is a way to get Anaconda to dump all of it's raw
curses screens for us to use in <screen/> blocks?  A PNG screenshot of
the text install would be, uh ... lame ... but it would be a hassle to
create the TUI screens manually ...

I'll check with Jeremy to see if this is possible.  One person on
#fedora-devel suggested doing the install in a virtual machine, then we
can use the mouse to grab the text.

> One more, it may be obvious to most,
> but how about stating how to capture a text output?

In Red Hat guides, we have a section that gets included in some guides
(such as the Installation Guide) that talks about how to use the mouse,
how to copy-paste, etc.  I think that such information is already a
given for Fedora writers; I would save it for an entry-level Fedora
tutorial.

Karsten Wade, RHCE, Tech Writer
a lemon is just a melon in disguise
http://people.redhat.com/kwade/
gpg fingerprint: 2680 DBFD D968 3141 0115  5F1B D992 0E06 AD0E 0C41