Bandwidth

Sulyok Peti sp at elte.hu
Tue Jun 29 07:46:24 UTC 2004

2004-06-28, h keltezéssel 23:27-kor redwire at therockmere.com ezt írta:
> Please provide Specs on Server Space, Bandwidth and usage. I maybe able to
> help.

Some data from my stats (firewall-tutorial 3/4 of all traffic):
  Average successful requests per day: 31 * 3/4 ~ 24
  Average successful requests for pages per day: 11 * 3/4 ~ 8
  Average data transferred per day: 211.02 kilobytes * 3/4 ~ 158kB

This is for one doc. There should be hundreds. Let's say 300.
It is about 500 MB/day ~ 6 kB/s ~ 50 kbit/s.
According to the hourly summary, the max. load is 3 times as heavy as
the min. load. That means 25-75 kbit/s.
Let's calculate with a safety factor of 7, because the sample is not
representative, and the figures are not exact. So the necessary
bandwidth is about 200-500 kbit/s.

The needed space for 300 docs would be about 100 MB.

Right now there may be about 10% of that amount, but we don't know
when an official site is set up.

Regards,
Peti