Re-using material from Red Hat Docs

Mark Johnson mjohnson at redhat.com
Mon Nov 8 19:00:13 UTC 2004

Stuart Ellis wrote:

> Would it be possible to re-use an exerpt in Fedora documentation without
> a licencing problem ?

Hi Stuart,

I believe you would indeed run into a licensing problem using content from the
Red Hat manuals. The only possible exception I can imagine would be if you
included a snippet in quotes, complete with the proper attributions. I doubt
that this is what you'd like to do, though. Sorry:-/

Cheers,
Mark

Mark Johnson                     <mjohnson at redhat.com>
OS Product Documentation
Engineering, Red Hat, Inc.       <http://www.redhat.com>
Tel: 919.754.4151                Fax: 919.754.3708
GPG fp: DBEA FA3C C46A 70B5 F120  568B 89D5 4F61 C07D E242