Adding boilerplate errata/CVS instructions

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Nov 19 20:49:20 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 16:54, David Malcolm wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 16:26 -0800, Karsten Wade wrote:

> > cd /home/kwade/Documents/projects/fedora/fedora-docs/selinux-apache/
> > nsgmls -wxml -s /home/kwade/lib/psgmlx-0.5/lib/xml.dcl
> > selinux-apache-en.xml
> > nsgmls:/home/kwade/lib/psgmlx-0.5/lib/xml.dcl:1:W: SGML declaration was
> > not implied
> >
> > SGML validation finished at Thu Nov 18 16:24:42
> >
> > FWIW, that's the way it normally appears when I validate (in Emacs using
> > C-c C-v).
>
> OK, great; good idea.  Is xmllint happy with such a setup?  If so, then
> the ABOUT-DOC-EN probably _should_ get added to the main entities file.

As far as I can tell, it works fine.  I just ran xmllint against it
(without options), with only FEDORA-ENTITIES-EN and the various
PUBLISHED-HTML-URL etc. defined in a document, and it validates, builds,
and does not error.

> > > Perhaps the file should have a different name; perhaps
> > > "about-this-document-en.xml" ?
> >
> > How about about-doc-en.xml?
> Yes, that's much better.
>
> Maybe even "about-fedora-doc-en.xml", to make it clear that this relates
> to a Fedora doc? (as opposed to RHEL)

No need, everything is separate ... although it is not improper, and is
certainly future proofing.  Do as you wish, since I'm wishy-washy. :)

> Can I go ahead and commit this (assuming I have access rights)?  Or
> should someone else on the list comment first?  I'm just a lowly desktop
> developer :-)

Nah, youse a riter, now.

I suggest you file a bug (RFE) against fedora-docs (tfox will get it,
she has write perms and the buck-stops-here for stuff like what goes in
fedora-docs/common), attach a patch to fedora-entities-en.xml, attach
the about{-fedora}-doc-en.xml file.  We'll also need to fix the
fedora-docs/example-tutorial to include the new entity call(s) and
sample definitions for the 4 entities required by

Karsten Wade, RHCE, Tech Writer
a lemon is just a melon in disguise
http://people.redhat.com/kwade/
gpg fingerprint: 2680 DBFD D968 3141 0115  5F1B D992 0E06 AD0E 0C41