Build problems

Paul W. Frields paul at frields.com
Fri Oct 1 21:53:31 UTC 2004

I am having spurious errors in xmlto when I build. I don't recall seeing
these before today but it's been a while since I did any building:

8< - - -
[paul at bettie usb-hotplug-tutorial]$ make
Writing ln-legalnotice.html for legalnotice(legalnotice)
Writing s1-summary.html for sect1(s1-summary)
Writing s1-hotplug-files.html for sect1(s1-hotplug-files)
Writing s1-updfstab-files.html for sect1(s1-updfstab-files)
Writing s1-pam.html for sect1(s1-pam)
Writing s1-run-updfstab.html for sect1(s1-run-updfstab)
Writing s1-references.html for sect1(s1-references)
Writing index.html for article(usb-hotplug-tutorial)
/usr/bin/xmlto: line 379:  7068 Segmentation fault      xsltproc
$XSLTOPTS -o "$XSLT_PROCESSED" "$STYLESHEET" "$INPUT_FILE"
- - - >8

Doing an immediate "make" again fails:

8< - - -
[paul at bettie usb-hotplug-tutorial]$ make
/usr/bin/xmlto: line 379:  7106 Segmentation fault      xsltproc
$XSLTOPTS -o "$XSLT_PROCESSED" "$STYLESHEET" "$INPUT_FILE"
cp: cannot stat `*': No such file or directory
make: *** [html] Error 1
- - - >8

The Makefile is completely benign, and looks just like the one for
example-tutorial, with the exception of the name. I then ran the xmlto
process in a debugging shell for good measure, but it didn't clue me
into anything additional (which is not to say that it didn't have
anything to offer, given my relative density). ;-)  I guess the above
means that xsltproc is at fault somehow, but I think debugging it may be
beyond my meager skills. I am running FC2 with all updates released to
date (incl. libxslt-1.1.5-1). Can anyone help?

--
Paul W. Frields, RHCE