Installation Guide

Stuart Ellis s.ellis at fastmail.co.uk
Fri Oct 22 01:24:55 UTC 2004

The material I have now looks almost like a complete guide, although
it's a bit short of being that.  So I've made it buildable rather than
keep throwing files into Bugzilla.  I've also revised the markup in all
files to bring them into line with Fedora docs.

DocBook:
http://www.se.clara.net/fedora/fedora-install-guide-0.1.tar.gz

HTML output:
http://www.se.clara.net/fedora/fedora-install-guide-en/index.html

There are a number of blank sections, some because I haven't got the
resources to test these features properly:

- Partitioning (as discussed, probably needs somebody with a multi-disc
RAID system)
- Boot Loader (as above)
- Dual Boot

The Network Login configuration in the System User screen has a large
number of options, and may even warrent being broken out into a separate
section (or appendix, since many installations may not use these
features).  Realistically I'm not going to be able to tackle a number of
these features, so somebody with a purer UNIX network may be better able
to handle this.

The two other things which are untested are USB boot (Beginning the
Installation) and wireless (the Network Configuration screen, presuming
anaconda can handle wireless cards) - again I don't have the equipment
to test these, although the text is complete as is.

Kickstart and Boot Options appendices may be written up over the next
few days.

Still learning as I go along, so all help and comments gratefully
received.
--
Stuart Ellis
s.ellis at fastmail.co.uk