Hardening Doc Preview

Mark Johnson mjohnson at redhat.com
Sat Sep 4 20:51:39 UTC 2004

tuxxer wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-09-04 at 13:04, tuxxer wrote:
>
>>Hey guys.
>>
>>I'm posting a draft version of what I've got so far of the hardening doc
>>in my own web-space.  It's not much, but it will be updated rather
>>randomly, as I get chances to work on it.  There isn't a "draft"
>>statement on it at the moment (other than the title), but I'm working on
>>that, and it will be there shortly.
>>

> On that note, is there a way to insert a "default disclaimer" stating
> that it's a draft?

You can do it at the stylesheet level by setting the xsl parameter
"draft.mode" to "yes", your doc will then get a watermark background
on every page that looks like this:

http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/images/draft.png

But it doesn't sound like this is what you want to do.

'Just thought I'd let you know there are other options...

Cheers,
Mark

> I've tried creating an <!ENTITY ... > called
> 'DRAFTNOTICE', but `make html` fails everytime I add it.
>
> Included below it the text for the DRAFTNOTICE...
>

>>Link:  http://members.cox.net/tuxxer/
>>
>>I'll be posting the XML to the bug, once I've finished chapter 1.
>>
>>Please feel free to comment, critique, shred, etc.
>>
>>-Charlie
>

> DRAFTNOTICE TEXT:
>
> <!-- $Id: $ -->
>
> <note>
>   <title>Draft Notice:</title>
>   <para>This version of this document is not yet affiliated with the
> Fedora Docs
>   Project.  It is a draft, and may be submitted to the project for
>   review/approval at a later date.  Until that time, that document will
> be
>   receiving constant updates, and may change frequently.
>   </para>
> </note>

Mark Johnson                     <mjohnson at redhat.com>
OS Product Documentation Group
Engineering, Red Hat, Inc.       <http://www.redhat.com>
Tel: 919.754.4151                Fax: 919.754.3708
GPG fp: DBEA FA3C C46A 70B5 F120  568B 89D5 4F61 C07D E242