Emacs error

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sun Sep 5 07:57:11 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-09-04 at 16:34, tuxxer wrote:
> Whenever I run `C-c C-p` to parse the DTD, I get "External entity
> CHAPTER not found".  Can any one explain why?  And perhaps suggest a
> fix?

This happens when you are parsing the DTD for an individual <chapter> in
a single file; since there is no DOCTYPE header, Emacs isn't sure how to
parse the file.

This is where the saved parsed file comes in handy:

http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/documentation-guide/s1-emacs-cedfile.html
http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/documentation-guide/s1-emacs-loadced.html

Once you've loaded the .ced file, the XML will parse and validate.  You
may experience a difference in indenting levels or other things when the
XML is properly parsed.

Karsten Wade, RHCE, Tech Writer
a lemon is just a melon in disguise
http://people.redhat.com/kwade/
gpg fingerprint: 2680 DBFD D968 3141 0115  5F1B D992 0E06 AD0E 0C41