Hardening Doc Preview

Dave Pawson davep at dpawson.co.uk
Sun Sep 5 09:46:11 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-09-04 at 14:04, tuxxer wrote:
> Hey guys.
>
> I'm posting a draft version of what I've got so far of the hardening doc
> in my own web-space.  It's not much, but it will be updated rather
> randomly, as I get chances to work on it.  There isn't a "draft"
> statement on it at the moment (other than the title), but I'm working on
> that, and it will be there shortly.
>

> Link:  http://members.cox.net/tuxxer/

Hi Charlie
http://members.cox.net/tuxxer/s1-chapter1-services.html

1. General. I was surprised to find that 'hardening' meant setting up
the ssystem to repel 'attacks'.
  Be nice to see something like a comparison with a Windows (Norton
setup) and this, perhaps to get a perspective for a windows user?

2. On the above url,
  No idea what half those services do. How about a one line description
of each?

1.4.2 you use the term 'service control'. No idea what it is.
   Who is the audience for this document? If newbies included, please
 tell us!

Overall.
  I'm a 'new to fc2' user, and its looking potentially very useful.

Please finish it :-)

--
Regards DaveP.
XSLT&Docbook  FAQ